If you could choose the format for your next PTQ what would it be?

Thursday, May 14, 2009

If I Was Going To Regionals...

Because I'm going to Disneyland this weekend (WOOT!) I will be unable to attend regionals. This is actually a relief because I'm nowhere close to having a deck tournament ready. If I weren't so lazy maybe I would be more dissapointed :P If I was going to go to regionals on Saturday I would most likely be playing either the Doran Lark deck from earlier this week or a Red/Green Aggro deck I've been working on that utilizes some new Alara Reborn cards such as: Bloodbraid Elf, Jund Hackblade, Violent Outburst, and Colossal Might. It has made the pair of colors much stronger and I filled the deck with cards that would compliment the hasty strategy that these cards encourage. The basic premise of the deck is to hit early and often and for as much damage as you can. It also lets you play multiple spells for a single cost by using cascade. It is a simple deck but it is fun to play because it is so blisteringly fast!

RG Aggro

Creatures:

4x Bloodbraid Elf
4x Jund Hackblade
4x Figure of Destiny
4x Rip-Clan Crasher
4x Hellspark Elemental
4x Boartusk Liege
4x Boggart Ram-Gang

Other Spells:

4x Incinerate
3x Colossal Might
4x Violent Outburst

Lands:

4 Forest
4 Fire-Lit Thicket
9 Mountain
4 Karplusan Forest
2 Treetop Village

Speed and stability are two very different things. The Sideboard that I'm working on is going to help make this decklist more stable against the current Meta. Though if it proves to be too unruly then I will probably go towards a Jund approach rather than just Red/Green. Please let me know what you think!

(Pictures and links provided by Wizards of the Coast Inc.)

No comments:

Post a Comment